Accounts Payable Clerk
Destination Auto Group is seeking a motivated Accounts Payable Clerk to join its Accounting team.
This role will be responsible for processing purchase orders and invoices, ensuring credit accounts maintain a current balance and address past-due amounts, interact with clients, ensuring all payments are completed in a timely manner and assist in all aspects within the Accounts Payable department.
As part of our team, your duties will include:
- Review supplier invoices for valid coding, approvals, tax treatment and follow ups with management.
- Review and verify proper authorization and accuracy of relevant invoice information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with vendors regarding invoice details and payment status.
- Completely monthly accounts payable cheque runs and direct deposits.
- Identify and collect slow paying, problematic, or delinquent accounts.
- Assist with other duties relating to the AP functions.
- Sorting, batching and data entry of all invoices.
- Oversee, manage, and process corporate credit card transactions and perform data entry.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable role.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable principles.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Background in Automotive Industry would be an asset.
We invite you to submit your resume for review and consideration, please forward accordingly to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest with Destination Auto Group.